Saturday, March 15, 2008

Graduation dinner

Dinner was a lot of fun. I obviously got stuck in the jam getting to the place, and to make things more dramatic, my handphone battery was drained and I was leading 3 cars in a convoy to the hotel with the directions written on my notebook on my lap, alone in the car.

I had taken my mum's phone, thinking it would suffice as a backup, but it too had 2 bars of battery left, and *this is the part where I am thankful God is good* I also had to switch my SIM card to my mum's phone while driving. The backdrop for the whole drama was the pouring rain and the typical Friday night traffic jam in KL-- bumper to bumper practically for about 40 mins before reaching our destination..

One hour into the journey, my mum's phone also died on me. I made one last minute turning at a traffic light junction, much to the shock of the 3 cars following me, who had to follow suit. And it still rained when I found the hotel, only to discover after turning into it that the parking was FULL.

What a night. After another suicidal attempt of driving to the parking lot opposite the hotel by cutting 3 lanes through the traffic in it's madness, I'm thankful to be alive still. The next challenge was getting the souvenirs in my car to the hotel, in my heels, and a dress. Pretty interesting sight as I was also juggling an umbrella, my jacket, and my little bag as well..

Thank You Lord for the lessons in multitasking.. *groans*

All said, the event went smoothly-- I was initially grumpy, but decided to relax since the worst part of the journey was over. Going back home was much easier probably because the traffic was back to normal at about 11.30p.m, and I also discovered the new flyover free highway which goes all the way back to my place, effectively cutting the journey to about 20-30mins, compared to the 1 hour plus I took to get to the place earlier on.

It was a really interesting evening indeed :)

Quincy, pyee and me :) Expecting a similar picture in the years to come, under different circumstances that is i.e. someone's wedding :D hehe..

Another nice picture :)

Our posting group photo :) Those who came that is..

BP housemate photo :D managed to get felix to cooperate with us this time...

The girls in their colourful dresses and outfits..

The guys in their suits, looking charming and mischievous at the same time..

Group photo with the lecturers.. some people got cut out of it at the right corner though..

Sunila and I, in one of our traditional pictures together :D hehe.. My hair is in a mess as always..

One of the group photos prior to dinner :)

Nia, izni and I.. community project family :D

Sasha and I :) Kudos to her for her efforts in making this event a success!

The sunshine girls and me.. Wait till the convocation pictures come in May :D

Faizah and I amidst all the photo frenzy prior to the dinner :)

Reflecting on the whole situation now, I am beginning to accept that this chapter in my life is coming to an end. Another is about to start. Many advices were given throughout the dinner--- apparently, we will automatically lose weight in housemanship.. It's going to a tiring episode after this, for the next 2 years..

Not knowing where I'll be, or what the future holds, I am only able to commit my unknown future into a known God's hands :)

9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.

10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalm 57:9-11

1 Comments:

Blogger Riea said...

You're as cute as ever! ;) I do like the dress. Wonder what I'm going to wear at the end of the year myself...

Noone changed much I think...except for Felix the cat. o.o Think he'd lost some serious weight there.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home