
On the way back last weekend, this was what I experienced in Felix's car going back to KL. Evidence of how Johor people drive. No offence to Johor people yah :D I've seen TWO episodes of people driving on the wrong side of the road like it's normal d..

Ironically, when I got back from KL last sunday, my laptop refused to start. It was depressing enough not to have internet up and running, but to have my laptop die on me? I was going to drown myself in anti-depressants already! Towards the middle of the week, my watch died on me too. And on the same day, my pen ran out of ink. This is just not my week.
After I asked around my batchmates on where to go to get computers fixed, I paid a visit to a shop in town. The person who served me was a Malay lady, who spoke mandarin, english and BM. I was really feeling inferior already.. she explained what she thought was my laptop problem in good english while occasionally telling her boss and co-workers stuff in mandarin on the shop stuff.. oh, and she also works as the cashier..
She said my comp could have a motherboard problem. Not good. So I bought an external casing for my hard disk so I could use it as a big 80GB pen drive to store stuff in.. It's new okay! I was so heart broken I tell you.. I felt like my pet just died or something.. UGH..
And my laptop was reduced to this pseudo-PDA looking thing.. nice, but, I prefer my laptop..

This is the external casing I bought. Cost me RM 49. Sigh.. Hope it's worth my money.. Also bought a 2GB pen drive to store stuff.. especially portfolios. Moral of story? BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP... seriously, comps die without warning. Mine did! It was working fine on saturday and sunday MORNING.. I think it's just the air in BP :D it's allergic to BP air.. but it's still not working at home.. Sigh..

On a brighter note, I spotted these cute kettles while having lunch with nia and sangeetha in this place called "Quenary" in BP walk.. we had pasta for lunch and cheese baked mussels.. really nice, but I became narcoleptic after that during the afternoon lecture. Dang! I have to lose weight here in BP! 2 weeks here and I've added on another 2kgs! And felix tells me he lost 3 kgs.. hrmph..

We went to Kluang hospital on Thursday for a morning posting. This quaint hospital lies in a really charming town.. It has it's own cinema and shopping mall.. So, don't look down on towns in Malaysia cause they can be quite surprising :) One hour drive from BP.. ugh.. but we stopped by some organic farms on the way back.. We sound quite free, but we just happened to have nothing on in the afternoon :D

Another picture of the hospital.. this is only the front. It's a village inside, believe me.. and the wards are quite nice too :) We saw a patient with herpes zoster opthalmicus infection secondary to HIV.. will be back for other postings later on :) This is the A&E department and administration I think..

On the way down to Kluang, we had already been checking out the different food places, and planning our lunch :D we finally found the famous railway coffee place.. suppose to be nationwide famous, but I didn't try the coffee.. this is their mee rebus and barley. Yup, think it had milk in it, which was why it was white in colour. Nice anyways :)

This is me at the organic farm.. some of us bought vegetables from here, just to try out how different it is from the normal pesticide infected vegetables we buy. Behind is actually a whole farm of organic grown stuff.. Nearest to us was a farm of organic grown purple dragon fruit.. They actually rent bicycles if you'd like to take a tour of the farm.. How romantic :D they have swings too to sit on to admire the farm.. and they have a plant nursery near by.. You can see how much waist line I've put on. Ugh.. My blouse USE to be quite spacey.. Now I'm filling it up.. sigh.. Jon, I'm getting obese d! :( blame it on the food in BP.. I've had beriani rice and all sorts of food here.. fattening!

These are the dragon fruit trees. I suppose they actually wrap the fruits to prevent insects getting on them.. the trees are quite funny albeit unique in their own way :) Nice adventure for us all.. I ended the trip by trying one of their purple dragon fruit ice lolly and prayed that I would not have purple stools like someone ;) Not too bad, but I wouldn't want to eat it again..
Now that I'm back home, I think I realize how one can miss home only after they have left it for some time.. There is no place like home! Although the trip down to KL cost me a bomb, I still have to make a trip back to BP on sunday.. sigh.. The petrol and toll is just towering.. Missing seremban now for that reason..
I also realized how dependent I've become on computer and internet to get my work done. Living without it for one week was really miserable.. But, the good news is that my phone line FINALLY came on thursday. Sure, the telekom guy had to jump over our back fence, and wade through a highly mosquito populated area of 10 metres to the back of my house to get the phone line working (i'm hoping he does not catch dengue as I am staying in a dengue prone area.. ), but it felt good to hear felix's voice calling from the house to test the line.. haha.. Internet will be up soon :) I hope..
Towards the end of this week, things were looking a bit brighter: I got my watch fixed, the telephone line is working, and I managed to get back to KL to settle my laptop issue. And the amazing thing was that for my quiet time, I turned to the last 5 psalms of the book of psalms. And all of them were telling me to praise the Lord.. amazing ;) I felt uplifted after my quiet time.. God really knows how to comfort us indeed..
Oh, and since I didn't have a computer, I went to uni almost every night to use it till 10p.m, which was closing time.. No MSN though, as uni barred it.. tried everything, but couldn't bypass the bar imposed.. when I had to go home at 10p.m, I'd watch tv for a while, then shower, and sit down and start writing and organizing my work so that the next day when I go to uni, I could just type everything on to the computer.. In that way, I think God made me realize I could be focused if I wasn't so distracted by MSN! :P
Hope the week ahead is better..
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home