Friday, September 14, 2007

Back from BP for the weekend


This is the condo when I left it.. Quite a funny feeling to leave the mess behind :( a nostalgic wave hit me just then.. sigh..
My empty room. I felt so weird closing the door for the last time ever... closing one chapter and opening another feels so awkward and difficult at times..

We stopped by seremban beef noodle for lunch after the hectic packing cause my parents wanted to try the famous beef noodles.. it was okay :) but i still felt a bit depressed leaving the place I grew to know so well :( sniff...

Mum and dad were happily eating their stuff though.. hrmph..

Meet the movers: peter and joy :) Yup, these two guys flexed their biceps for me carrying and putting my stuff into the cars, and saw me to the toll of Seremban.. Parents decided to reward them with lunch :D

Enjoying his coconut :) I left for batu pahat right after lunch.. depression hasn't sunk in YET, in me that is..

On arrival, cleaned out the house. Discovered that felix was there already.. being hyper and FULL of energy, he mopped the floor THREE times.. staying in with him is a bonus! oh yeah!! :D and he mopped my room too :D Mean time, I set my bed after my parents left, and stood back to check out the work. Not bad eh?I did feel a pang of pain when my parents left, and I stood out on the road, watching their car till it disappeared. Then I slowly turned back to the house, and went to my room, and started unpacking. Sigh..

Green curtains. I'm stuck with green curtains AGAIN :D how nostalgic :P this is my wardrobe and part of my table.. which ended up being fixed downstairs by felix in the kitchen cause we didn't have enough tables in the kitchen.. Darling, your study table came in handy you know :D

Then, there's my shelf and darling's shelf. Haha.. kinda looks like my room in Sban, only that it's bigger and there's this nice aircond, which is really necessary cause it's freaking hot in Batu pahat for some unknown reason.. ugh.. the sun in the afternoon is like SCORCHING heat. No joke.

And this is the other study table, my stuff clattered all over since I didn't dare to ask my landlord if I could actually make holes in the wall to hang stuff.. An interesting experience I had on the first day in BP was that the bathroom felix and I were sharing was LEAKING from the ceiling because the water tank was right above the toilet seat. Everytime we did our business, we had a nice sensation of water dripping down our backs. I thought if we aimed correctly, it'll miss our backs and fall right into the toilet bowl, but we'd risk peeing on the bathroom floor too (not a big problem for felix until he has bowel openings, but for me..use your imaginations.. )hmmm... decisions decisions..

In the end, I use my genius brain and came up with a temporary solution: Answer nature's call and use an umbrella in the bathroom. I couldn't help giggling to myself, but hey, when you have to go, you have to go. Jenn's room was locked ( we only got the keys from the landlord to her room the next day), she wasn't around, and the only other toilet in the house was downstairs.. and it's creepy I tell you.. caterpillars crawl everywhere.. perverted caterpillars! The landlord came by to meet us on Sunday( next day) and the hardworking man actually postponed his trip back to KL with his family to fix our water tank! And now, it's working fine! No more umbrellas in the toilet! yes!! *felix thought it was a funny idea, but I don't think he used it.. *

The next day was a better experience for me. THERE IS A CARREFOUR IN BP! whoa! I was shocked, really, but excited as well. Ta-da! Not so bad after all. In fact, after 2 weeks of staying here, I think it's more developed than Sban. Lots of good food too. Only one thing is awful: TELEKOM!!! argggh!!!More on that in a while..

My first meal here in C4 was in this place called.. can't remember.. Rengit Cafe I think. We only ate here cause felix refused to let me anything else as I had an awful throat, and this was the only place with porridge. No sore throat, just hoarseness of voice, which lasted almost the whole week. Ugh.. Then I developed dry cough, and subsequently a productive cough, (I sound like I'm writing a portfolio already) which probably irritated felix cause one night, when I was coughing, he knocked on my room and handed me a whole tube of Robitussins (ah, so that's why he was desperately looking around for a Guardian store.. sheesh), and said "Take it so it'll suppress your cough". My translation: NOISY LAH! Aiyoh... :D But that was really nice of him.. Eh, our rooms are not sound proof you know..

Oh, this was the weird chair in the restaurant that we were eating in. Surprisingly, it's NOT as uncomfortable as it looks.. hehe :)



And this was the result of our trip to C4. Felix fixed this up! The whole thing, from tap, to filter. The water tastes funny, and is a little brown in colour (NO JOKE, felix collected water in two cups for us to compare the before and after filter..).
The result?
Better water to drink, boil and cook! FELIX ROCKS! :D helps to have a MAN in the house sometimes.. mua ha ha.. and we treat him well k.. He has the nicest room in the house. And I mean really, the nicest! He has a pooh bear carpet. Really cool! :D hehe.. I'll take a picture soon..Tonnes of mosquitoes in this house. We actually use an electric mosquito coil in the kitchen if we want to cook, otherwise the mosquitoes will have their dinner first: US.

And this: the scandal picture number 2. Sigh... what to do? life in BP would be boring if there were no scandals :D hehe.. sasha is going to kill me after this, so I might as well prepare my orbituary :D He was helping to fix up their router in the house, but I thought this was quite an interesting photo :D

And this brings me back to the internet story. Nope, line is not up yet. Why? Cause some people don't understand simple language. We applied to transfer my senior's line from taman flora, BP, to our place, taman soga because we wanted to avoid applying for a new line which we would have to keep for one year (dumb policy, but what to do.. ). I don't know what the people are doing, but the silly phone company keeps connecting the line back to the taman flora place!! ARGGH!! and I've gone so many times to rectify the problem I'm about to explode!

After almost 3 weeks, still no phone line, no streamyx. And the feeling is depressive! They keep apologizing saying they'll fix it, but up till today, nothing has been done. I've a good mind to actually write to the Star newspaper next week. The thing which makes me mad is that they said the billing address was taman soga, but the phone line and streamyx is up and running in taman flora. I asked them a simple question: " What logic is it to send the bill to my house, and put the line in the old house?! For hantu to use is it?!"

More apologies followed. Ugh.. I tried calling, going to the TMPoint.. They keep getting more mixed up. Simple thing like transfering line and they have a huge miscommunication, despite filling up their standard forms and all. Gives everyone a hint at how high their IQ is... The end story? Apparently, the line will be up in one week's time. The lady even put a note and wrote the words "URGENT" on top of it cause I told her I couldn't keep running back and forth from hospital like that! Wow. So they know how to spell. That's new.

*excuse the sarcarsm, but 3 weeks of waiting for a line transfer is ridiculous, especially if it's within a 10km radius!*

I told them to THINK before they charge me this month's bill cause I'm not paying for a ghost to use the line in taman flora. When they told me that I'd be charged RM50 for transfer charges, I told them they should pay ME RM 50 as compensation for all the phone calls and petrol, time and parking tickets I had to waste coming to their center!

And I said before I left, let this be the LAST time I come to TMPoint for this, cause the next time I come, I'll sit there until their manager attends to me because I've had enough of dealing with people who cannot comprehend their own work.

On a brighter note, I'm back for the weekend. What a relief! There is no place like home, really. Astro, internet, family... home :) God bless! I miss sban!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home