Saturday, August 18, 2007

Life of a medical student

It's here again. The time of the year that I dread going through the MOST: FINALS! ugh.. 2 papers down, 2 more to go. And the last two are the ones that will determine whether I pass or fail this semester. The thought and the pressure is horrendous, awful, depressing. Does my sister know what she's getting herself into?!

I keep trying to tell myself this is not the worse thing ever, but it's hard to lie to myself at this point simply because IT IS THE WORSE EVER!! arrghhh... It is in these times that I really think about medicine in the same light as my predecessors before me who went through the same grueling experience every year. If they can do it, so can I! I'm desperately trying to convince myself that this time next month, I will be in Batu Pahat, doing my medicine posting, the first time as a shadowing house officer. That this time next saturday, I will be happily at home in KL, which I have not seen in almost 3 weeks plus, watching astro to my hearts content, and planning my move to THE Batu Pahat House, which I already have the keys to, which are hanging in my living room in the condo now as a constant reminder to Jenn and me to work hard to hold on and POSSESS these keys!!

Oh, the frustration at times! The many tears of frustration and helplessness that I have shed over the last 3 weeks.. I've never felt so helpless and despaired before, knowing that my fate will be determined in a week's time. It's a really depressing feeling.. But the most irritating event is going into the exam hall, and failing to re-call facts that I know is somewhere in the abyss of my mind! Ugh.. only to have the memory re-called after I step out of the exam hall, too late.. The irritation...

My sister will be going to pay my final semester fees on Monday. It's a blind numb feeling knowing that my parents are paying the fees for my final semester, not knowing whether I will make it or not as my results will be released only 4 days later.. Sigh.. In times like this, I have learned (painfully) to depend on God. Nothing is certain in this world. Only Him.. Exams will come and go, but He is the only thing that will remain..

Nevertheless, God has been good to me. The many blunders that I made during exam could not be helped, for I am only human. However, I really hope and pray that for the last two coming exams I will not stumble or blunder, but be perfect in the best way that I can. It's like climbing Mount Everest with nothing but God's strength! :P Here are some pictures of what's been happening in my last three weeks.. Enjoy :)

Study group in progress.. shhhhh :)

Jenn's studying hard.. On my comp that is..Note the mess on the table..

Closer look at the mess on the table.. 90% is mine.. papers too.. chairs are also occupied with books, notes.. For all the mess I made, I had better pass this!!! ARRGGHHH :P

Another look of mess on the table after a study session.. note the water bottles.. We are dehydrated people during exams!!

Nisha came down on monday to cook dinner for us. Sadly I had already ordered MacD's because I was starving (studying burns carbs--> more in my brains than butt..) so, I was too full to eat anything else. I have never had so much pizza and fast food in my life. Super unhealthy and gaining weight like crazy..I shall not reveal my current weight cause I will lose it in batu pahat with Jenn! *determination..* Ugh.. A bonus for stressed medical students..

Sunset from our balcony.. Sorry, no photoshop installed yet so can't edit it. Beautiful anyways..
Another view of sunset. The amazing thing is that no two sunsets are ever the same :) really awesome in the midst of this stressful period!
Note how bored I am. When free, take pictures of the scenery :D haha.. nice anyway..My housemate think's I'm nuts already...And I had thought I would use my camera to take medical-related pictures.. hrmph..

Another view of sunset on a different day. Yes, one can see how bored I am. I'm taking scenery pictures MORE than people.. Oh dear.. insanity has struck me indeed :D hehe..

And finally, this is Jenn opening her durian. Which I had to put up with for two days before she decided to end my misery, and opened it.. She had it with rice, called it scrumptious I suppose and was satisfied :D Here's to the last week in Seremban.. May it be my last!! God help us..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home