Change
There comes a time in our lives when we begin to be more aware of reality and our surroundings. For me, it comes in stages. I find that the older we get, the more wary we are of our surroundings.. Nevertheless, it has been a really blessed week thanks to the people in uni who actually managed to plan and surprise me 3 times. I have never had so much cake in my life! And all with strawberries or choclate.. Joy must have told the whole universe that I have a fetish for strawberries :P
The first surprise was 2 weeks ago, when I was suppose to go out for nasi lemak. Joy said he'd pick me up from the dean's carpark area. And lo and behold~ ended up blowing candles off a cake two weeks in advance and unwrapping two boxes of BIG strawberries, express delivery from Cold Storage, Singapore by Joy's parents. By the time we got to the nasi lemak stall, it was all finished :(
Second surprise was early in the morning, where some people sacrificed their shut eye time to come all the way to our humble condo to watch me blow yet another candles, with a cake that read " Happy 23TH birthday siew lian!". Jenn swore that it was the cake shop fella's mistake, cause she never added the "23TH" there in the 1st place :P amusing as it was, i had to first give a speech to my two housemates who refused to get off my bed and out of my room, and sing a song while playing guitar for them. I was so nervous, that I really forgot the lyrics to " the sound of music".. haha.. and then, jenn went and opened our condo door to let the rest of the people in..
I was given two options: Either give a speech and sing a song while playing guitar, OR get thrown willingly in to the fish pond@ swimming pool on the 1st floor. Needless to say, I chose the easier way out cause I didn't want to get an asthmatic attack in the middle of the night.
Third surprise was when after prayer meeting, Chiew Yee and Ken brought in another cake. I was suspecting something amiss when Shirley called me early in the morning to ask if i was going for prayer meet.. hmmmm... they were afraid i wouldn't turn up.. and i realized that there were MORE people than usual for prayer meet, which is funny.. AND... I got an impromptu hug from a female doc :) hehe... so cool!
A big thanks to everyone who made my 23 RD ( not 23TH) birthday so memorable and fun :) hehe.. it wasn't very nice to remember that I'm aging but they made it bearable in some way..If only growing old can be as fun as this everytime ;) haha.. it's also a day of praising God for all He has done, and for all His blessings in my life :)
"My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever. " Psalm 145:21
If you want a rough idea of what my dinner is like, here is one of the meals we cook at home :P
All cooked by Nisha and Jenn, cause I came back late from swimming.. Yet, my two housemates saved dinner for me.. YAY! :) Our cooking ventures can be written in a few chapters I tell you :P but overall, I have been blessed with talented housemates who prefer home cooked food rather than outside food :D
other than that, these are my two housemates studying on the dining table, accompanying me as I had my late dinner that day.. ah, the life of medical students! :P I only have these pictures to show cause Joy's SD card was borrowed by someone else.. and these pictures were taken two weeks ago :) what to do lah...back to studies, finals is in 2 months time. God bless!




2 Comments:
Great that you had a wonderful and blessed 23rd (NOT 23th) Birthday! You are indeed blessed with many friends who love and care for you... *hugs*
Twenty Threeth!! Hahaha.
Post a Comment
<< Home