Supportiveness
6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:1-9
This was the passage that we studied today in CF. We were discussing and sharing on being supportive to friends. I thought the fact that God repeatedly assured Joshua to be strong and courageous, was just.. well, encouraging. I think this will be in my mind as I go for finals and the other things ahead in life.. Guess this lesson did seep through my mind :) I imagined that Joshua would have been quite doubtful, scared and had low self-esteem when God said he was to take over Moses' place.. I would have been terrified! Erin said there were 2 million Israelites. And here was God telling Joshua to lead them to conquer THE promised land! Whoa.. totally awesome!
So, in situations like this, I guess it was just wonderful of God to encourage Joshua :) It's amazing that the way God encouraged Joshua would also be an encouragement to us so many thousand years after this happened, and also be applicable in so many different situations. God is so cool even after many thousands of years since life began, and He'll always be awesome till the ends of time itself :) God, You are amazing!
Since I've been tagged like 3 times already, I'm gonna just share 6 "weird" things about me before I hit the sack (this is for past and future taggers..):-
1) I cannot stand dusty things.. If I see anything dusty, I will have the urge to get a wet cloth and wipe it! Same goes with floor.. Obsessive compulsive disorder.. SIGH..
2) I cannot sit on a chair properly when I'm studying --- I tend to have this urge to either sit cross legged on the chair itself or put up my legs (Must be my subconscious mind telling me to take preventive measures for varicose veins..)
3) I am super concerned about my eyesight-- I don't want to wear visual aids till I'm at least 50 years old cause I keep having this thought that if I lose my glasses, I'll be blind/handicapped-- and I don't like the idea of not being in control!
4) I have to snooze for at least ONE hour before I really wake up-- i.e. if I have to wake up at 7a.m, I would set the alarm for 6a.m or 5.30a.m.. Sometimes I can wake up immediately, but most of the times.......zzzzzzz.....
5) I am super empathic or emotional-- no kidding!-- Sometimes when patients or people tell me sad or touching things, I really get tears in my eyes! I have learnt to blink them back in though.. but sometimes they do see the expression on my face :P *how to be professional????!!!!*
6) I don't like lizards.. I get serious palpitations when they are in my ROOM! uggh!!! The longest time I have spent trying to shoo a lizard out was 45 mins :( I especially don't like BIG ones... It's something about their eyes, and the way their breathing increases as you approach them.. Eeeewwwwwwwww! I try to be empathic (hey, they can't help being what they are, and they do help eat insects..) but I just can't stand them! However, I have been quite successful at overcoming my fears enough to sweep them off the wall or ceiling.. and out of the balcony :D
So much for the weird revelations about myself.. I think it's pretty normal :) I'm not going to tag anyone.. Am too lazy to do so :) I think sharing about weird things about one's self should be done in person :) That way, I can smile and laugh directly at the funny revelations, like I do at Ben, Dawson, Peter, Collin and Hiang Liang's lameness over dinners.. Ugh.. these people are hilarious in their own right, but also superbly lame.. Nevertheless, they are an encouragement and joy to be around with :) The girls tend to be more reserved and MATURE.. phew..
2nd week of gynae and COUNTING...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home