Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Weight of the World


The trials, problems, and worries of this life often seem to be never ending. At times, they pile up making us feel like we will be crushed under the weight of life’s problems. In The Weight of the World, Ron DiCianni portrays a woman with the weight of the world on her shoulders. What gives us hope is that behind the woman, God’s has sent His angels to help bear the load. The Weight of the World is proof to us that He will never leave us even in the midst of a world of problems. - Ron DiCianni

All too soon, I am at the end of my Internal Medicine posting in semester 9. Many thoughts pass through my mind -- not so much on studies, but on everything in general-- about what is coming up ahead, what has gone and happened and passed, about where I stand with God, whether I can make it through this semester.. Maybe it's the effect of internal stress...

Many things are running through my mind at the moment, but I'm thankful for God's peace. Why oh why this feeling of tiredness? Sometimes I feel like there is no direction in what I'm doing, yet on the outside, I appear confident and able to do so many things, encourage others.. I'm drifting farther from God.. from Jesus.. from life at times.. Hence the picture above which represents exactly how I feel at the moment-- the weight of the world on my shoulders~!

Just when I think I have hit the bottom of the sea, God always gives me the strength to rise up again.. truly, not by might, not by power, but by His spirit am I able to endure this leg of the journey..Changes are inevitable, but I'm reminded that God is always the same today, tomorrow and yesterday :)

One year to go... 5 months to go before the finals.. Lord, grant me the strength to endure till the end for Your glory alone.. Already I'm tired and weary, but I'm so near to the end of the line.. the finishing line.. the burden of carrying everything on my shoulders, just like the lady in the picture.. I feel like that sometimes, and I'm sure everyone does once in a while.. Just remember what a blessed assurance we have in Jesus, and that through all the trials and falls, we will overcome it not by the means of this world, but through Jesus.. Good reflection even as easter is approaching :) Back to books now..

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home