Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Candy Canes


I found this story when I was handed a Christmas present consisting of a candy cane and a nice note from Hazel and Paul. I never knew there was a story begind the candy cane ;) I have about 4 now, and I don't know how to start eating it cause I'm still thinking about my weight and all :P I'll probably bring for the cambodia kids if no one wants to eat them.. he he :) it's the thought that counts, but I really can't eat it :p too sweet!

The Candy Cane was first introduced in the late 1880's by a candy-maker in Indiana. He wanted to make a candy that could be a witness during the holiday season. He began with a stick of pure white to show the virgin birth and the sinless nature of Jesus Christ. The hardness of the candy was to represent Jesus as the Solid Rock, the foundation of the church, and the firmness of the promises of God. The white stripes on the Candy Cane represent the purity of Christ. The three small red stripes symbolize the scourging of Jesus before he was hung on the cross. The large red stripes represents the blood that Jesus shed for each of us on the cross.
The shape of the Candy Cane represents the shepherd's staff because Jesus is the good shepherd. If you flip the Candy Cane around, you will notice the letter "J" which is the first letter of Jesus' name. And we all thought it was just good candy......

All in all, I had a very nice christmas- lunch at Aunty Ah Bee's house, and dinner at Joy's house with Nisha and Wei Ching, and many little presents from people from Agape. They really made me feel at home with everything! Seremban people are nice :) Thank God for people who open their houses to others on festive occasions, because it really makes a lot of difference to show that people do care for those who are away from home. Nothing beats spending a festive occasion with family and loved ones. This is the deepest meaning of Christmas in action instead of words- giving and loving others in Christ. God bless everyone! :) Back to studying and mugging now..


1 Comments:

Blogger ladywinters said...

I love them candy canes and now that it's got such history, I'll eat them all the more~! Hehe~!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home