Ausmat reflections..
I always look forward to meeting up with friends outside my uni whom I don't see very often. It's always great to catch up with them and just hang out. I find it quite encouraging that we still try to meet up, although we only knew each other for one year :)We have been walking different paths for 4 years now. It is amazing how we can still look back and meet up with one another a couple of times a year.. God has blessed me with really good friends indeed! :) Here is to the years of friendship ahead! [can't seem to upload using picasa.. no idea why.. my comp seems to lag when i attempt to do so, and the last time i tried to use it to post up the christmas pictures, it ended up not being posted at all :S no idea what's going on..]
From left: me, sookie, violet and razman :) we were suppose to eat at chilli's but ended up eating at TGIF instead cause neville was a little too hungry and impatient, as usual ;) Things went smoothly despite the slightly loud music and noisy atmosphere of people singing happy birthday every 20 mins or so at different tables :P we were practically yelling to speak to each other and it was a bit dark inside.. super hard.. when i finally got out of TGIF, it was a relief on my ears AND eyes! oh, this photo was taken by neville by the way :)

This is of me and sookie.. we go back a long way.. we were from same primary school, but we didn't know each other until we were in the same class in form 1 in assunta :) things just hit off from then on.. and we went to the same college, and now we're still keeping in touch.. that makes like 10 years of friendship cause we're going to be 23 next year :P haha.. the most unique thing about our friendship is that, though we were never in the same class after form 1 in assunta, we actually managed to keep in touch by leaving letters ( hand written, mind you!) under each other's desks or hand-delivered ;) it was a unique way of communicating, and it's probably the reason why we're still talking.. I still keep her letters though i can never fold them so creatively the way she does!
Oh the photos were taken by sookie... we were trying to take our own photo :) second one succeeded better..

Just to show how naughty CJ can be.. On the right side, from front are: CJ (holding the tomato bottle in karaoke style..), neville, yvonne, and daniel..
This is a group picture taken by sookie.. aiyah.. so wasted she's not in it.. i should actually add her in :) Neville CANNOT smile for the life of him.. ugh.. I had the privillege of finally stepping into his house and into his room... It's quite dark, cause he doesn't have proper lights - the brightest ones are on his study table, which explains his spectacles * shakes head*.. and he has Transformer's posters on his wall among other things, and also little figurines and models of robots, cars and so on, which he treasures.. being the person he is, it was unsurprising that his room was SUPERBLY neat and his books were arranged properly. His CD's were arranged according to the order he bought them, and his comic books were arranged according to their NUMBERS. Honestly, I am amazed despite knowing him for some time :)
I remember how we met interestingly, cause I was sitting in the library doing calculus, and suddenly, he sits next to me, and without introducing himself asks "You're in my calculus class right?can i ask if you've done this assignment?". Typical of Neville to go straight to the point without letting me breathe.. After I got over the shock, I nodded, and said " yes, and you must be neville.." cause I overheard the lecturers talking about how brilliant his maths was once :P haha.. things started from then on, and man, the rumours about us! It was the most embarassing thing I had to go through, and it lasted the whole year!
I have never understood how I could tolerate his cold attitude, which most people find uncomfortable, and still be able to talk freely to him, whack him when appropriate, and roll my eyes at his sometimes TOO logical comments and thoughts.. *note: watching movies with him is QUITE an experience..* hrmph..He does not like saying " thank you" and congratulating people, among other things :)
Friendship is a blessing indeed, but sometimes it can be a painful, difficult or complicated thing - at least that's what I'm learning slowly. All the same, I thank God for the people in my life without whom, learning to live in the world would be so monotonous and boring :)

This is of me and sookie.. we go back a long way.. we were from same primary school, but we didn't know each other until we were in the same class in form 1 in assunta :) things just hit off from then on.. and we went to the same college, and now we're still keeping in touch.. that makes like 10 years of friendship cause we're going to be 23 next year :P haha.. the most unique thing about our friendship is that, though we were never in the same class after form 1 in assunta, we actually managed to keep in touch by leaving letters ( hand written, mind you!) under each other's desks or hand-delivered ;) it was a unique way of communicating, and it's probably the reason why we're still talking.. I still keep her letters though i can never fold them so creatively the way she does!
Oh the photos were taken by sookie... we were trying to take our own photo :) second one succeeded better..
Just to show how naughty CJ can be.. On the right side, from front are: CJ (holding the tomato bottle in karaoke style..), neville, yvonne, and daniel..
I remember how we met interestingly, cause I was sitting in the library doing calculus, and suddenly, he sits next to me, and without introducing himself asks "You're in my calculus class right?can i ask if you've done this assignment?". Typical of Neville to go straight to the point without letting me breathe.. After I got over the shock, I nodded, and said " yes, and you must be neville.." cause I overheard the lecturers talking about how brilliant his maths was once :P haha.. things started from then on, and man, the rumours about us! It was the most embarassing thing I had to go through, and it lasted the whole year!
I have never understood how I could tolerate his cold attitude, which most people find uncomfortable, and still be able to talk freely to him, whack him when appropriate, and roll my eyes at his sometimes TOO logical comments and thoughts.. *note: watching movies with him is QUITE an experience..* hrmph..He does not like saying " thank you" and congratulating people, among other things :)
Friendship is a blessing indeed, but sometimes it can be a painful, difficult or complicated thing - at least that's what I'm learning slowly. All the same, I thank God for the people in my life without whom, learning to live in the world would be so monotonous and boring :)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home