Saturday, May 10, 2008

Snippets 3

Brisbane. The river behind me was one of the alternative modes of transport in this place. The houses by the river costs a million at least, and most of them have their own jetty and boat. Their rivers are clean and the waters are clear..

They like plants :) This is part of the big rose garden in the park next to the river.. Really well maintained! Apparently in spring, the view is even better and the beautiful soft scent of roses blooming fills the air... sigh..

Visited the lone pine sanctuary.. quite a nice place too..


One of the koala bears :) It was an educational trip cause I learnt a bit about them, and other animals..

Saw a sheep dog show. I like the dogs as they were really obedient and loyal to their master's instructions. And they were so friendly too!

The sheeps were herded into this little pen.. So cute!


Went to movie world with mum just to see how it was. It was okay, but to have the ultimate theme park experience, I'd still recommend Florida, Orlando. You'd have to dig deep into your pockets though, and take some comfort stuff with you as the plane ride is VERY long.. get ready for jet lag too!


God shows His rainbow, even when I'm on holiday :) Rainbows remind me of hope and promise, so seeing this one was really encouraging :)
This was one of the parks in brisbane. I noticed a number of students having BBQ's and playing sports in the park, having such a great time, as it was Friday afternoon :) The weather is conducive for outdoors here, unlike Malaysia..
Saw this when I was on surfer's paradise beach.. At first glance, I thought it was something else, but it was interesting so I had to put it here :D

This was from a lookout point in sydney. Really windy, but breathtaking :) From May to July, I think we can actually watch whales migrate from here.. sigh...



Darling harbour behind us. Really pretty place with boats, and seagulls amidst a metropolitan city..

A fountain in sydney with foam.. It was nice to see the kids playing with it, adults too!

The famous krispy cremes.. It was okay, except it was kind of sweet. I thought the JCo ones were better at the end, but at least I've tried this :)

Sydney's famous landmark: Sydney Opera House. It was really an amazing piece of architecture and building :)

This is the view of the beautiful coastal line from the sky. I like the blue sea and white sand.. So dreamy!

This picture I took, because it made me feel for a moment, how close I was to the heavens. The upper dark blue is that which is yonder i.e. outer space.. the middle is land actually, just that it cannot be seen clearly from this tiny pic.. and below that, is the sea. So I thought of what the psalmist and song writers meant when they said "From the sky, to the depths". Amazing :)

If I had married a Eurasian, this baby would have been the result ;) What is there not to be mesmerized about when you hold a baby with STARRY GREY eyes, and light brown hair? *melts*

And then, the reality :)Went to visit my cousin and nieces whom I have not seen for ages. The elder girl is Killie. The baby in her arms is her sister, Riley. Do you see the resemblance? :)

Went to bargara, and this was one of the marine docks. Many ships were docked here to be cleaned and serviced. Nice, big ships, or boats.. This was an interesting cloud pattern in the sky, formed by the wind..

Nice to have a boat like this :) I think this one costs easily AUD1 million.. Double decked, with motor and all..

This is one of the beaches in bargara. Again, the typical blue sea, clear waters, and white sand. People clean up their beaches and care about the ocean, unlike in some places where the ocean is a big rubbish ground.. Such a pity..

Also had the chance to go fishing with relatives. Such a nice laid back life.. Good for retiring people :) I wouldn't mind living here.. sigh.. My relatives joked that two months from now, when I start working, I can close my eyes, and remember the calm sea and the nice memory of fishing, and then open my eyes again to the havoc that lies before me in the wards.. Hrmph..

I also got to feed kookaburras which came to perch on my relatives outdoor patio. There were also many colourful little parrots that came everyday around 4p.m to have their bird seeds and drink water from the bird bath..

The sea of gold and yellow flowers in the botanical garden.. We definitely need more landscaping in our country.. sigh..

On surfer's paradise beach again at the last leg of our trip. It was a nice cloudy day, hence the dark picture.. Still learning to maximize my camera's abilities..

Surfer's paradise again..

At night, there was some sort of art market, where the people sold a lot of photo frames and all sorts of art stuff, which was very unique because it was mostly hand made and a result of the local's creativity :)

Lastly, had to try hogs breath, a steak house, in Gold Coast before coming back to malaysia. Apparently singapore has one branch too, but I doubt the meat will taste the same. The steak was THICK and nice.. I enjoyed my meal :)

Reflecting back, there may be so many reasons to just migrate and leave. As I was complaining about the state of unfairness in the country during Selah Weekend, which was recently held in Seremban, by the CF; one of my friends said something which will stick in my mind for a long time. She related her experience of going to Professionals of Tomorrow Seminar(POTS) and there, a few of them were complaining about the unfairness and injustice in the country's system.

One of the speakers, heard them talking, and joined in their conversation. After hearing their grouses, he simply said that perhaps we should not be complaining so much because it's not the most unfair thing in the world, as the most unfair thing in the world had already happened 2000 years ago, when Jesus, who did not deserve to die, let Himself be whipped, mocked, and crucified just so you and I can have the relationship we have today with God Almighty.

That took me aback. No where in this world will there be complete fairness. Somehow, there will always be something wrong, some corruption, some degree of unfairness. However, all those pale in comparison to the greatest injustice done 2000 years ago, which still continues to bring a change in so many people's lives today. After some thinking, I felt superbly humbled by the gentle reminder I had from my friend, which was probably God's way of reminding me what my purpose is in life, and that He is sovereign :)

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deuteronomy 31: 6

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."John 14: 27

2 Comments:

Blogger lingZZ' said...

brisbane looked awesome and sdyney too... heading to sdyney next month. looking forward to it. keke. glad you enjoyed your trip here. it is indeed a beautiful place. and you got to go fishing too. hehe, i can't fish for nuts. so i just go crabbing. last crabbing trip, caught no crab, ended up eating fish and chips. hehe. come to adelaide next trip ya~!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Riea said...

You should try the NORMAL krispy kremes! They're the best ones. :)

Congrats on your convo...just saw your pics/mail! (Yes, I'm super slow that way :P)

Least you don't have to worry bout job applications and all...going for my first interview this Friday, wish me luck!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home