Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Immatureness and naiveness

I am constantly amazed at how some people can react childishly to simple situations. I am trying my level best to be considerate to a lot of people, and many times lately, I really wonder why I actually bother.

I actually felt like saying outloud "Sister, can you STOP being so inconsiderate for TWO seconds and THINK about the logic here?!". One second is probably not enough. Sigh. The choices in life is sometimes difficult. Not because it is the most logical thing to do, but because it involves concern and love as well.

Being considerate means, I care for how people feel when I do something.

I care about what will happen to people on the other side if I do something.

I care about what their families will think if I just shrug my responsilities.

I care about what might happen if I don't do my part or carry my responsibilities properly.

In summary, I CARE.

Probably even more than I should, because God is saying " No, you can go the extra distance. You can push further, because My grace is sufficient for you..".


And I admit I want to sometimes kick everything out the window or imagine myself throwing everything to God yelling "Are You crazy?!!! You can't expect me to stretch my patience anymore!!!!" , " What about MY feelings?!!!! Oh God, I AM NEVER GOING TO BE LIKE YOU!!", " I've had it up to HERE, God! HERE!!!!!!" with all my exasperation and hopelessness on this journey of walking with Him.

Yup, the difference between being an immature person and a matured person is when one begins to think about others around them, and the consequences their actions will bring, despite of themselves. My generation will probably have to learn it the hard way. Some are still learning, some are still oblivious to the world and some are still being breast-fed by their parents resulting in naiveness and the incomprehensible (but VERY real) lack of the ability to be independent. Or even start.

Everyone has to grow up someday. The only part of me which I don't think needs to grow up is me having that child-like faith in God. How can I have a joyful heart and see others through His eyes at the same time?

Maybe I just need to sit back, and focus on my own breaking-out-of-the-cocoon phase.
Either you break out and become a more beautiful being, or you remain inside, shrivel up and die, becoming a very pitiful shadow of what COULD have been. And what could have made God so proud.


*shrugs* Life still goes on anyway as I try to accept God's unfathomable, unshakeable, unmovable, unimaginable, unbelievable, and never-ending love. God still loves us despites all our stupidity and childishness towards Him and others. Oh God, give me the grace to get through this tempest in my life, and the wisdom to deal with the irritation around me inspite of myself. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home