Saturday, October 14, 2006

Taking a deep breath


Lately I realize I have been doing a lot of work in the complaint centre and the criticizing centre. So much so that I have forgotten to count my blessings and refocus on the part of me that is dead and risen again in Christ Jesus. CF this week was way better than I expected.

Time and time again, I am reminded not to limt God but to have more faith in Him. I remembered starting this journey hesitantly a few months back with Hiang Liang. Both of us were really blur and confused as to what to do with CF. And at the same time, we were in awe because this is something we're doing for God more than for IMU students! God really came through for us.

We had our first worship session this week with a brand new RM3K full range self-standing keyboard piano, with killer speakers, and high tech buttons, and a damp pedal as well. This keyboard arrived 10 minutes before CF started, so the guys were excitedly buzzing about, fixing it up. The high praise session was amazing. At the end of it all, Jill asked me to chair the rest of the meeting. I was dumbstruck because I had completely forgotten about it, and was unprepared. I confessed that I was unprepared, but nobody seemed to mind (hehe..). Oh, did I mention that we have not a single CENT in CF funds? The keyboard is for students in uni, not only for CF, but it will suffice for now :)

This is the beginning, to me, of many things to come. We are now in the midst of preparing a complete portfolio of CF so that it can be officially recognized as a society in uni. God has blessed us with the support of Student Affairs in a way, and we are now able to get financial sponsorship for what we want to do in CF once we come up with a proposal budget for the whole year. I hope it will all be approved somehow.

God has been faithful. He has truly seen me through the seasons. Both good and bad. Yeah, there will always be people who are inconsiderate and all that till Christ's second coming. I am probably at times, inconsiderate without realizing it myself anyways. But I really hope that I won't be so unkind to others on purpose or intentionally! I believe I will see even more of this in Cambodia when I go in January. Why? Cause there will be many people who exploit children and others. To the extent that there are many with HIV and all sorts of illness walking around.

I am actually trying to get sponsorship for the medications and medical supplies I will be bringing for my trip. This is because I was told that the people there need medication. On top of my mind, are all sorts of antibiotics and a whole lot of other things. My church has already agreed to sponsor about RM 700. I'm wondering how much medicine I can buy with that. I'm also wondering how I'm going to go about getting sponsporship and where I'm going to get the drugs from. How I'm going to carry boxes of these there on my own and how I'm going to get through the customs is at the bottom of my mind as well. Maybe if i get a lot of sponsorship, I'll courier the excessive boxes down first before I go. So they will be able to distribute it over there first. And whatever I can bring, I'll bring down with me. I'm intending to carry the very very basic necessities down for myself.


I realized planning for my trip should start now after Aunty Jenny exclaimed in Cell Group yesterday " WHAT?! That's not a long time from now! It's about 1 and half months time!" .. hehe.. ya kah? I didn't realize that, cause I looked at her sheepishly. So, I've gotta keep strong. Why? Cause I don't know how I ended up:-
  • going to a place like Cambodia ( it has NEVER crossed my mind.. but when I got the email from Uncle Victor, my heart just went YESSSS!!!!),
  • going to a place where I have never even heard the language being spoken,
  • jumping on a plane on my OWN for the first time (and being totally responsible for myself!)
  • serving God in such a way..
It's really a total daze now that I think about it. But I am excited. And I'm hoping this will not be my last time serving God using my medical knowledge, however tiny it is ( i always feel like i'm a miniscule virus swimming along the currents in the Pacific Ocean i tell you.. ). Thank You God! :)

BEFORE I FORMED YOU IN THE WOMB I KNEW YOU; BEFORE YOU WERE BORN I SANCTIFIED YOU. ( JEREMIAH 1:4, NKJV ) Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Sarah here. U r going to CAMBODIA????
WOw!
I went there last August. Truly really awesome!!!

If u r bringing medicine in, try to get a doctor to write a letter and sign saying that the medication is over the counter and safe. Also saying that this medication is for charitable uses and not profit. It's useful when clearing customs in KLIA and phnom pehn.

We had a slight hiccup when we brought medication at KLIA but all was clear in Phnom Pehn. Just say "ong Kah" which means NGO if asked at Phnom Pehn. Another thing is that if u r travelling Air Asia, don't pack liquid for check in, they don't allow that. U must hand carry liquid medication.

Truly prepare your heart for a good time in Cambodia. The people, the place. Take lots of USD, the shopping is AMAZINGLY cheap! haha, and they trade in USD. try the food: beef stew, french loaf, SPIDERS! :)

I'm not sure which district you'd be going to. But if u have time do drop by at Toul Sleng. Very eye opening.

Pre Pro Tihn Poh. (God bless u in Khmer)

Oh I'm just so excited for U! Haha, explains the long windedness.

Really...I trust it'll be an amazing experience for u :)

oh yea, i forgot I have an archives of stuff on cambodia at
www.simplylearning.blogspot.com

Sigh I miss the place already!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home