Sunday, February 26, 2006

Irony

irony, noun [U]:- a situation in which something which was intended to have a particular result has the opposite or a very different result

I find it amazing that irony is so common in our lives when it comes to God. Just the other day, I was at lunch, and I happened to be sitting at a table where I overheard someone discussing about atoms and how small they were, and that surrounding these atoms, are electrons, protons and neutrons continuously circling it. The charges of these electrons keeps them from bumping into each other, even as they are travelling at high speeds. One can't help being amazed at such science. Then, the conversation shifted to the universe, and how, we are actually travelling at such a great speed as the earth rotates around the sun. Also, it was amazing that we are so tiny yet we're part of a big universe, that is circling around a galaxy, something like that, you get the idea..

Well, it's not a bad discussion. But I find it sad that people easily believe things which they have not seen in creation so easily than believing in God. How many of us have seen an atom? or electrons? How many of us have actually seen the galaxies or universe? Yet, we believe in such things so easily. When it comes to believing and having faith in God, the most powerful, loving, Almighty being in the entire universe, it suddenly becomes hard, hesitatant, funny, odd and unbelievable! Irony indeed...

Life is quite funny. I guess God feels it too. How sad He must be that so many people out there have so little faith in Him.. Now that I think about it , we limit God a lot in life. Our God is the God of wonders beyond THE galaxies. Note:Not THIS galaxy only, but THE galaxies~!


When things go wrong, we tend to blame God. "Where is God when all this happened?!"
When things go right, we praise the people who had a hand in it, who organized it. " Great party!" " Good job!" not to God, but to people. No " thank You Lord for blessing us with the place, the ability, the food, the means to do all this". Odd isn't it? And yet who are the ones who created all the mess in the world? Not God... Who committed and created all the evil, the sexual immorality and wars? People. People and their nature that gravitates towards that of committing sins. Jesus died for us on the cross so that we could draw near to God, to call Him Father, Lord. To have an intimate relationship with Him, just like Adam did before he fell into sin. He gave up His life so that we may live again. It was God's ultimate plan to redeem us from the pit of darkness that we had fallen so deeply into. Yet some of us choose to remain in the dark, to be in the pit, groping about, grumbling, cursing God for the darkness.

Gift of salvation, thrown right back at God's face, literally. Like telling God " I don't want it!".. childishness is one of the traits that we seem to have in us, even as christians. It is impossible to have the perfect relationship with God. No one does, but God wants that with us. All it takes is to believe, and have faith. Devotion is not a ritual. It requires willingness, obedience and sacrifice from our part.
" Love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37


So, the next time I have the urge to grumble or retaliate about something, I guess I'll think about God, and what I'm doing. And I know, God will lead the way in my life. Now and always. There is still hope for people who do not know the Lord. I just pray that God will grant us all the patience and wisdom to encourage the people around us.. " Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your household." Acts 16:31



In the end, it boils down to the fact that there are many people out there who don't know God. Some are still searching, and some are still trying. God will always be waiting with His arms open, stretched out towards us. He will carry us through it all, like He always has. For " Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not go weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

So, keep trying, keep hoping and keep trusting in the Lord to bring people to Him. Prayer is the key to leading people still in the dark to the light of Jesus.. keep praying! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home