To be still..
There comes a time in life when things have to change.
Not everyone likes changes in their lives. Changes can be good or bad.
Having given birth and now caring for my son, a lot of changes have happened in my life.
I'm learning to submit to God's authority, my husband and my parents.
I'm also deciding to give up my old life to make room for new things in the days to come, starting with my career.
Wave after wave of exhaustion has washed over us as events unfolded itself after Joseph's birth: Ah Ma's stroke, my father-in-law's near death experience and above all, the testing of my priorities and the shaking of my faith.
Indeed, like Abraham, do I have the faith to place what I hold most dear on the altar of sacrifice?
I wish I had faith like Abraham. To be able to obey, without questioning. Knowing full well that God is in control. Keeping his eyes fixed on what is above and beyond his circumstances.
We started the year with a devotion on horses. It is after all the year of the horse.
Psalm 20:7 - Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. (NKJV)
What are the horses in my life?
Knowing what must be done, and doing it is difficult at times. Submission is something difficult to do.
Indeed, the way to heaven is a narrow path.
The ability to look beyond our circumstances and look up to God is something I'm still learning.
Adaptation, acceptance, humility, forgiveness and submission. These are my new subjects to study and learn as I wait upon God's strength. Learning to be still before the Lord is also something new in my season.
And the journey has just begun. The new chapter is beginning.
I thank God for all that He's given me. For all that I've gone through, am going through and will go through with His strength and grace, I give Him praise. For all the people that He has put in my life, past, present and future, I give Him thanks and glory.
To God be all the glory, forever and ever. Amen!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home