Sunday, December 25, 2011

Another year gone by..


It's been some time since I last put in an entry here. Just realized today that we're one week away from a new year, and hence, I decided it's time to put in my thoughts again before this year fades away.

It's my second year as a medical officer in the medical department. There has been a lot of learning, frustrations, pondering and wandering about my decisions in this department. I am happy when my patients become better and trot happily back home.

I thank God for my specialists who have been so kind and patient with me through my stumbles and learning process. There is truly never an end to learning in medical field. Everyday, I learn some thing new, and discover some thing I have missed. I still strive to make the right decisions for my patients, and hope that they will all be able to make a good recovery. But some times, I get tired because most of them actually get themselves into this condition in the first place- lifestyle and healthy way of living is so essential to preventing complications of diseases. We are truly what we eat!

Then there is the beginning of the biggest change in my life: planning for my wedding in 2012. The whole idea seems surreal to me still, and everyday that goes by makes me realize I'm just one step closer to this new chapter in my life. A lot of reflections have gone through my mind and plannings have been on going. One thing for sure, I know God is in control of the events. It is in His hands that I have placed the worries of who will be my photographer, who will be my wedding dress maker, make up artist, videographer, location of the wedding and dinner, whether I will get my leave for my wedding or who will worship lead for my wedding.

He is after all our guest of honor :) And this ceremony is meant to honor our covenant with each other and Him, and hopefully be a testimony to others out there, that God can be the center of our lives in this world of uncertainties.

So, I'm at peace at where we go from here. This is only the beginning after all to a long year ahead. I pray for all the people who will be coming to this event, I pray that they will be blessed with a smooth journey and a renewed passion to seek Him daily, I pray that the day will be one with beautiful weather, I pray that the food will be good and that my guests will be happy, and most of all I pray that everyone will have a good time and be blessed!

To God be all the glory and honor, amen.

Happy birthday Jesus!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. "
Isaiah 9:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home